Monday, November 19, 2007

Paintings that mattered


































These are some of the Poster color Paintings done by me during 1967-68 which I took with me for the Interview at the Film Institute. They were copies of popular calender pictures by Painter Photographer J.P.Singhal

I also took two oil paintings, portraits of K.Kamaraj and C.N.Annadurai, both former Chief Ministers of Tamilnadu. Unfortunately I have Black and white photographs only which is given below.



C.N.Annadurai ( Anna)


K.Kamaraj

Both the paintings were done based on Black and White pictures and I was asked about my choice of colours and their use during the selection interview.

The painting of K.Kamaraj bears the autograph of the great leader himself, which you can see on the lower right hand corner !